Dore + Whittier’s Owner’s Project Management (OPM) group specializes in leading, managing, planning, and providing support to building projects. Our team consists of Construction Managers, Project Managers, Architects, Planners, and Site Representatives who are recognized for their leadership and creativity in delivering successful projects.
The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for all OPM functions associated with the planning, design and construction of both publicly (MSBA) and privately funded school projects and privately funded construction projects, primarily in the state of Massachusetts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, etc.)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in design or project management with construction of school projects (MSBA) a plus
- Ability to interpret design/construction documents and specifications
- Solid technical knowledge of building systems, constructability and infrastructure
- Ability to support multiple projects of various types at different stages of design and construction
- Experience preparing cost estimates and maintaining project budgets
- Experience preparing, maintaining and tracking project schedules in Microsoft Project
- Candidate must have strong computer skills; MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Green Building and LEED projects a plus
- Excellent communication, listening, team building, and organization skills
- Strong leadership skills and commitment to excellence
- Track record and experience with a focus on quality, efficiency, and customer service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of multiple projects from concept through close-out
- Manage planning, reporting procedures, and construction process including project documentation, pre-construction design and budget development, construction bid process, value engineering, project scheduling, control of quality, change order negotiation, user move-in coordination, and cost control through project completion
- Manage project teams which include external service providers: architects, engineers, consultants, commissioning agents, and contractors
- Participate in owner construction meetings to review construction progress, quality, and schedule compliance
- Oversee, track, and/or process day-to-day administrative items (i.e. Logs for RFIs, CCDs, ASIs, CORs, PCOs, and Submittals)
- Assist in issuance of reports on budget, schedule, and assessment of project risks
- Work with local and state regulatory agencies as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Dore + Whittier is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and profit-sharing bonuses.
Qualified applicants, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dore + Whittier prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.