Dore + Whittier is looking for architectural professionals who are passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children, teachers, and other public servants. For over 30 years our firm has been a leader in educational facility design with a strong focus on public K-12 schools and public safety projects. With offices in Newburyport, MA, and Burlington, VT, D+W is an award-winning full-service design and project management firm that fosters close collaboration at all levels. We pride ourselves in our commitment to designing buildings that inspire its users with exciting, functional, sustainable, and cost-effective design.
Use your style, talent and creativity and join our growing team of Interior Designers. Dore + Whittier believes that interiors is an integral part of the overall design process. Early collaboration and input from our Interior Designers provide an opportunity for a more fully responsive design solution for our clients. Our designers work closely with members of the project team to design, document, and execute the project through installation. Interior Designers participate in programming, visioning, designing, selecting, documenting interior architectural elements, finishes and furniture. They are involved in business development, client relationships/maintenance, internal team management, vendor relations, product research as well as development of client presentations.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited school
- 5-8 years’ experience with public procurement; K-12 and/or higher education and public safety a plus
- Working knowledge of MSBA’s programming and space planning analysis and area calculation guidelines is helpful
- Familiarity with purchasing furniture off State Contract, MHEC, NJPA or similar
- Working knowledge of interior finish materials and specifications
- Familiarity of the architectural design process and integration of interior design concepts
- Working knowledge of local and national building code
- Strong graphic and technical skills, including Revit + Adobe suite. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Bluebeam knowledge a plus.
- Ability to present and be in front of clients independently
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers
- Willingness/ability to travel to job sites
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (list not extensive)
- Develop and produce construction documents and detail sketches; execute red-marked revisions
- Develop FF&E bid packages and follow package through bid process, procurement and install
- Provide input to program development, interior adjacency relationships, casework and loose furnishings design and procurement
- Help coordinate contractors, consultants, and vendor assignments
- Work with a team in documentation and production of detailed SD, DD and CD drawings, including floor plans, elevations and sections, finish schedules, furniture floor plans, and FF&E specifications, incorporating applicable building code and ADA code compliance regulations
- Develop, prepare, coordinate and present presentation materials
- Work independently and alongside team to meet project constraints of budget and schedule
- Maintain communication with the owner, architect and full design team
Dore + Whittier is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and profit-sharing bonuses.
Qualified applicants, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.
Dore + Whittier prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.