We are looking for architectural professionals who are passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children, teachers, and other public servants. As a leader in educational facility design with a strong focus on public K-12 schools and public safety projects, we pride ourselves in our commitment to designing buildings that inspire its users with exciting, functional, sustainable, and cost-effective design.
As an Architectural Associate at D+W, you will be an essential team member responsible for creating project design, development, and construction documents. Working under the direction of the project leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills such as early project presentation images and documents, construction documents including BIM (Revit) development, project detailing, specification research and general project advancement and completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Coordinate with project teams in the development of presentation and construction documents at all phases of design, development, and construction.
- Conduct research related to products, building code, energy code, or accessibility code.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members to convey information about changes and new elements introduced into the model that may affect their work.
- Identify problematic issues and discuss proactively with the project team to develop workable design and construction solutions.
- Prepare finished construction documents working independently with moderate supervision.
- Receive and process quality assurance feedback on work products with the intent of refining documents for presentation and/or construction.
- Perform self-initiated check of assignments prior to review or presentation.
*The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.
- 3+ years of production in design and drafting using Revit software with an in-depth working knowledge of the current version of the software
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to think and act proactively
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of LEED principles (LEED AP certification preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Architecture. Candidates with other degrees or education will be considered based on demonstrated capabilities.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or related software for visualization and presentations
- Experience with public bid projects in Massachusetts
- Active pursuit of professional registration
Dore + Whittier is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and profit-sharing bonuses.
Qualified applicants, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dore + Whittier prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.