Dore + Whittier is looking for architectural professionals who are passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children, teachers, and other public servants. For 30 years our firm has been a leader in educational facility design with a strong focus on public K-12 schools and public safety projects. With offices in Newburyport, MA, and Burlington, VT, D+W is an award-winning full-service design and project management firm that fosters close collaboration at all levels. We pride ourselves in our commitment to designing buildings that inspire its users with exciting, functional, sustainable, and cost-effective design.
Our firm has over 50 talented, collaborative team members who foster close collaboration on projects at all levels. We pride ourselves in our commitment to designing facilities that inspire its users with functional, sustainable and cost-effective design. We are seeking to fill a production position with emphasis on specification writing for multiple projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program of Architecture preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in architecture, including specification writing on multiple projects.
- Thorough knowledge of RIB / Speclink Cloud software, sufficient to make a meaningful contribution to project specification writing with minimal supervision or training.
- Familiar with CSI Masterformat and Uniformat specification writing techniques and structures.
- Experience with Revit building information modeling software preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Bluebeam strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with AIA contract documents required.
- Technically oriented person, with interest and ability to perform product research and evaluation of product limitations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proactive, collaborative personality.
- Familiarity with Massachusetts Public Bidding laws preferred (MA MCPPO certification a plus )
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- Construction Specifications Institute CCS Certification a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparation of project specifications throughout all phases of the project, potentially including Uniformat specifications in the Schematic Design phase, and production of a complete MasterFormat project specification manual in later phases, potentially including early release packages.
- Proactively communicate with the project Job Captain and production team, reviewing progress drawings to fully understand the range of products required, and coordinate with consultants.
- During the product selection process, conduct product research by contacting manufacturer representatives and performing catalog and internet research sufficient to understand all product characteristics and limitations.
- Proactively convey product information to the production team to verify coordination between drawings and specifications.
- Produce project specifications for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Contribute to the development of technical best practices, and internal training related to specifications, products, materials, and standards.
- Assist with maintaining template specifications for different project types. Contact manufacturers to verify current products and features as needed for projects and to update the specifications template and library.
- Function as a member of a project production team when the demand for specifications doesn’t require full time commitment, completing production tasks as assigned by project Job Captains to document specific portions of project models as a member of a collaborative team.
Dore + Whittier is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and profit-sharing bonuses.
Qualified applicants, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.
Dore + Whittier prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.