We are seeking to fill a production position with emphasis on specification writing for multiple projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program of Architecture preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in architecture, including specification writing on multiple projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Revit software, sufficient to make a meaningful contribution to project production with minimal supervision or training.
- Familiar with CSI Masterformat and Uniformat specification writing techniques and structures.
- Experience with BSD Speclink-E software preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Bluebeam strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with AIA contract documents required.
- Technically oriented person, with interest and ability to perform product research and evaluation of product limitations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proactive, collaborative personality.
- Familiarity with Massachusetts Public Bidding laws preferred (MA MCPPO certification a plus).
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Construction Specifications Institute CCS Certification a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparation of project specifications throughout all phases of the project, potentially including Uniformat specifications in the Schematic Design phase, and production of a complete MasterFormat project specification manual in later phases, potentially including early release packages.
- Proactively communicate with the project Job Captain and production team, reviewing progress drawings to fully understand the range of products required, and coordinate with consultants.
- During the product selection process, conduct product research by contacting manufacturer representatives and performing catalog and internet research sufficient to understand all product characteristics and limitations.
- Proactively convey product information to the production team to verify coordination between drawings and specifications.
- Produce project specifications for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Contribute to the development of technical best practices, and internal training related to specifications, products, materials, and standards.
- Assist with maintaining template specifications for different project types. Contact manufacturers to verify current products and features as needed for projects and to update the specifications template and library.
- Function as a member of a project production team when the demand for specifications doesn’t require full time commitment, completing production tasks as assigned by project Job Captains to document specific portions of project models as a member of a collaborative team.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.