Dore + Whittier’s Owner’s Project Management (OPM) group specializes in leading, managing, planning, and providing support to building projects. Our team consists of Construction Managers, Project Managers, Architects, Planners, and Site Representatives who are recognized for their leadership and creativity in delivering successful projects.
The Project Control Specialist / Cost Engineer position is a financial controls-focused position whose main objective is to ensure that projects’ financials are monitored, tracked, and verified for audit by the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or engineering fields
- 5 years’ experience with risk management/risk control, forecasting, estimating, and budget management for construction projects
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Procore or similar software is preferred
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills are required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update and maintain accurate accounting records using our web-based budget tracking system (Dashboard)
- Develop and monitor key project metrics and perform quality control reviews
- Ensure projects stay on track and on budget
- Process MSBA Propay requests
- Perform monthly report updates
- Process change estimates and change order reviews
- Process CM/GC Requisition reviews
- Attend OAC meetings
- Provide support to Project Managers
- Other duties as assigned
Dore + Whittier is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and profit-sharing bonuses.
Qualified applicants, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Dore + Whittier prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.